Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cali Trip Part One: Cole

When Sarah originally invited me to visit her family in Cali it was with the intention that I free her up to visit Cole in hospital. But, God had other plans. I arrived early Thursday evening and Baby Cole was already waiting for me. What a pleasant surprise! Little Cole is just that, little little little. At just over 6 lbs he's bite sized and irresistible.

Cole has been doing great since being home, and I am thrilled to have been able to meet him at his home rather than in hospital. As with most newborn babies, there isn't much to report about his little personality. Right now he likes to be held, sleep and eat!

Levi is working on 'gentle' and remembering the correct place to kiss his baby brother. I'm not sure what Gabe thought. Whenever I held Cole, Gabe crawled at his fastest to me. Maybe jealousy, maybe he thought I had an awesome toy. Who knows?!

While there, Gabe used Levi's car seat, which was front facing. He was rather indifferent to the change of scenery, except for the fact that little Cole was sitting right next to him. Whenever I turned around to check on him he would point to Cole, or tap Cole's seat. Just making sure I knew there was 'something' back there with him.
Our last night there we set up a little photo shoot with the boys. Cole had some solo shots first. This does NOT capture his teeny tiny cuteness.
One thing that surprised me was how alert Cole was at times. You could watch his little face and eyes trying to track faces and find the source of voices. What a sweet little face!
Just gazing at his Mama.

1 comment:

  1. The pic of Gabe pointing is funny! And I love the bottom two of Cole. You'll need to email them to me or print me out the pics.

    ReplyDelete