
After almost one full week at home taking it easy I ventured back to work Monday with some anxiety. My Braxton Hicks contractions have continued but with time spent sitting and staying calm they have been less regular and less intense. That being said, I'm a teacher and it's no desk job, so I'm feeling pretty stiff/sore and tired. My students have been awesome, well-behaved, and a bit curious about the entire process, so all in all it was a successful workweek.
The weekend started off less successfully however. Friday after work, Andy and I met at our doctor's office for our first appointment since the bladder infection trauma. Dr. Bassett wanted to preform a FFN test to see if there were any signs of pre-term labor. Andy and I were excited at the idea as we would like some finite results to tell us if anything is going on or if I'm just that lucky girl who will experience Braxton Hicks contractions starting at 26 weeks. The down side is that it meant waiting 24 hours to get the results. When we told Dr. Bassett we had planned a trip to KC he was hesitant to offer the okay for travel. After a busy workweek, three hours up and back in the car, and little down time, Dr. Bassett wasn't sure it was a wise idea.
Andy and I were really looking forward to our weekend plans and thought, Doctor shmoctor, what does he know. So, at 6pm we picked up Andy's dad, Craig, and headed to KC. I was feeling uncomfortable and a bit uncertain about our decision but holding strong...until I saw the sign "Kansas City 170 miles". Though I've made this trip countless times it suddenly hit me that we were going to be 171 miles away from the medical staff I'm comfortable with, and was suddenly overwhelmed with homesickness. Tears developed out of nowhere and plans were changed. 20 minutes outside of Nebraska City I made a call to the Roosmann household and asked them to meet me in Neb. City and take me home. Craig (the poor man experienced more drama than he thought possible for one car ride) dropped us off with our weekend gear leaving Andy and I sitting in the gas station looking like two abandoned kids. With my puffy face and Andy's concerned brow, I'm sure we could have gotten a ride to just about anywhere. After several odd looks from fellow travelers, my mom came to the rescue. So, we took a detour to Lincoln via Kansas City. Special thanks to Craig and Sue whose weekend plans were changed by our indecision. Thankfully, today we received good news that the test came back negative, and we are in the clear, at least for the next two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment