This is the face of a big boy!
A POTTY TRAINED big boy!!!! Woooowhooo!
Last week I bit the bullet and said goodbye to diapers. Honestly, Gabe probably could have been trained a few months earlier but I was expecting it to be awful so kept putting it off. Much to my surprise it was almost effortless, at least on my part. Monday we put on big boys pants and by Thursday Gabe was a full blown potty trained child.
Gabe was so proud of himself all week. After each successful trip to the bathroom he asked to call someone, "Peepee on the potty Mommy, call Grandma", "Poopy Mommy, call Grandpa". My favorite was when he repeatedly clarified to Grandpa Roosmann 'I pee-peed first, then poopeed!'.
The most difficult part of the the process, at least for me, was not leaving the house the entire time. By Wednesday night I was running to the car as soon as Andy got home from work. A grocery trip to Wal-Mart never sounded so good. We're still experiencing some false alarms, and novelty with the process, but 5 days in and no accidents...I'm so proud that my little guy can control his bladder and bowels. The trills of being a stay-at-home mom huh.
Yay Gabe! Yes, venturing out and about with a diaper free tot will also be an adventure!
ReplyDeleteYay for potty training! Great job gabe. I bet mommy and daddy have never talked about potty stuff so much in their lives!
ReplyDelete