Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Call Off The Search Party

We're alive; just BUSY. The end of November and December feels like a blur of one event, errand, project, meeting, and meal after the other. It also included a flu bug that claimed all three of us for a solid week followed by lingering aches and headaches the weeks after. I did manage a few pics, but nothing all that exciting.


We've continued to watch Copper several days a month. The above captures the general feeling each of these boys have; Gabe LOVES Cooper and Cooper's pretty much indifferent. Gabe is too loud and too close for Cooper's liking a lot of the time.


We celebrated our nephew Etienne's 5th birthday. 


The birthday boy is on Grandpa's lap.


The Holz Srs hosted us for two days and one night to celebrate Thanksgiving. They also took Gabe to his first theater movie, 'The Muppets'.


Andy's cousin Randa and her family (Rich, Maddie 3yr & Jenna 6mo) hosted us in Olatha, Kansas over a December weekend. Gabe and Maddie played really well together and our last night there they entertained us with a dance party.


Gabe has continued his love affair with maple syrup. His favorite food is butter, but maple syrup comes in close behind.


My dear friend Sydney gave Gabe his first professional hair cut. Gabe did awesome but I'm glad I brought Woopers with us to keep his attention.


She transformed him from this shaggy haired little boy to...


...this handsome kitchen helper.

In the midst of all the above, Andy and I put our house on the market, and have reached the peak of paperwork for our adoption. Both could really be posts all there own, and I promise more details in the future but I also decided that this was the year I'd hand make the majority of our Christmas gifts and bake fudge for friends and neighbors. Anywhooooo, as Christmas is in four days and we leave for Lincoln on Friday I've got to get moving on some things. Oh, this might be a good time to mention that we didn't pull of Christmas cards this year, sorry folks. Maybe New Year's cards? We'll see. 

Wishing you all a merry and blessed Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. you are alive! good, i was worried. miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look great, sorry you suffered the illness. Good luck making all the Christmas goodies. It's time consuming but so much fun to give and receive! Merry Christmas holz family

    ReplyDelete