Hi all! Hope you enjoyed a restful Memorial Day. The Holz Clan was pretty low-key. Gabe was particularly kind to us, sleeping in until 8:30! Wooohooo Gabe. Once we did collect ourselves and start the day we headed to the neighborhood spray park.
Looks like a deep conversation - plotting the best sand castle?
Usually this park is packed, but we managed to be just one of 7 or so families. Unlike last year, Gabe braved the water structures. He did get bum rushed and face planted the ground, but regrouped quickly and proudly sports a forehead bump and swollen lip.
For the walk home we removed all Gabe's wet clothes, put on a clean diaper and his hand-me-down hat (thanks Higgins!).
I couldn't help but laugh, in his new ensemble Gabe closely resembled our 60+ year old neighbor who likes to navigate his riding lawn mower in a hat, a few extra pounds around the middle and no shirt.
I'm not sure if Gabe realized the resemblance as well, but eventually he wrapped his beach towel around his tummy. Poor guy...he's mama just won't give him a break. To further celebrate our restful day, Gabe napped for four hours! I love this kid - he speaks my language *sleep*.
Cool water park...I want one!
ReplyDelete