Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lay-Z-Boy

A few weeks ago we spend some time in Lincoln. Besides his grandparents, Gabe's favorite thing was an old red child rocker. Gabe spent most of the trip climbing in and out of the chair; it might have helped that Grandpa Roosmann sat it directly in front of the television, but really I think he loved having something just his size.
When he was in the chair it could be a bit difficult to get his attention.
He was clearly too cool for his mom and dad, he had programs to catch up on.
As a result of Gabe's love for the red rocker, and the clear over indulgence of his Grandfather, Gabe and I discovered a large package on our front step yesterday. Gabe knew right away it was for him.
He couldn't even wait for me to get it completely out of the box!
He felt right at home instantly.
Though Gabe isn't demonstrating it in this picture, the chair does recline, and the footrest does pop up!
While Gabe rocked, I got all crafty with the large box. With a little tape, a box cutter and some markers I had assembled a Gabe sized house that fit in our living room. Box and new chair occupied him for the remainder of the afternoon!

Shortly after taking this photo, our camera sighed it's last breath. It was sad, and doesn't bode well for a weekly blog...Thankfully I have some pictures from our Fourth of July weekend that I can stretch out, and hope to find some cash-o-la for a new camera before Gabe turns 2.

2 comments: