Since Gabe loves the outdoors, and I love Gabe, we've been spending a lot more time in the backyard. He can entertain himself for an extended period of time, just climbing up and down the stairs, digging in the dirt and collecting sticks and rocks. This has allowed me to do some much needed yard maintenance. Andy and I have our first open house this weekend and it's really been two years since we did anything to the backyard. Last year this time I had a one month old, and Andy was starting a new job in addition to having a one month old. We let the back yard become a bit of a weed jungle.
All in all, I think I've spent upwards of 6 hours pulling weeks in the backyard. Spraying with weed killer would have saved me some sore muscles, and finger nails. But, I've really enjoyed watching Gabe explore the backyard...the longer naps don't hurt either.
He's always so proud once he gets to the top. He stands and yells to make sure I see how very accomplished he is.
He watched me weed for a while then attempted to help. Mostly he just threw leaves and landscaping stone onto the steps but, I appreciated his effort.
After one particularly warm day I filed the baby pool Grandma and Grandpa Holz gave Gabe for his 1st birthday. He loved splashing, moving things in and out, but full submersion was not his thing. He prefers the relaxing warm water of a bath. Clearly he was straining to pull to bucket out of the pool.
We love it!
ReplyDelete