Thursday, March 4, 2010

10 Months Already

I guess I should start thinking about his swiftly approaching birthday. Time never moved as fast as it does now that I have a kiddo at home. I track time by milestones, major events, and appointments. I can't remember the last time I actually knew the date. I'm pretty good with the days of the week, thanks to my anal schedule and daily happenings, but the actual date...who knows! Probably why Gabe aging each month seems to catch me by complete surprise. He's eight months...no wait, what's today's date?! He's 10 MONTHS?!?!? At which point I turn and look accusingly at my son, 'how could you keep growing!'.

Speaking of milestones and major events. Since the Valentine's Weekend Episode, as I like to refer to it, and Gabe getting sick, it feels like we are finally getting back to normal. Everything was put on the back burner while little man re-grouped. Play dates, chores, grocery shopping, it all became contingent on his temperature, need for sleep, and general disposition. It proved difficult to do some things when Gabe melted down if he wasn't in my arms. I finally submitted to his needs not mine, he was thrilled to have me sit on his bedroom rug and watch him play. He really just wanted some good old fashioned attention. Sweet boy, he has always been such a good snuggle'r, patting my back when I pick him up, rubbing his face into my neck, I needed to chill out and enjoy the moments while he's not embarrassed to express his love for me. He's so stinkn' great! All in all these last few weeks have revealed that I'm a selfish, controlling and a sometimes very angry woman. Praise God for the Holy Spirit and Jesus, there is some work yet to be done in me!

Of course, no post would be complete without some pictures of our growing boy:

He is so proud to be able to reach new heights.
We have had endless hours (no joke) playing this game. I simply put an object on the floor and he laughs hysterically while attempting to reach it!

The bath always get's a smile out of Gabe! Me too for that matter. He also thought it was fun to pass the toy back and forth from his mouth to mine.


1 comment: