Friday I was escorted to my doctor's appointment by both my mother and Andy. It's always special to hear little Gabe's heartbeat and Dr. Bassett had nothing but good news for us. At 37 weeks I've dilated 1cm, effaced 85%, and Gabe is sitting at a ZERO station! This is great news, let's just hope I continue making progress, as I'm hoping for a baby next week (the 15th please) but it's really not in my hands. The only potential issue is 'little' Gabe's size. Our doctor believes Gabe may already be 7.5 lbs and since in our doctor's words, "You're not a big girl" (something every pregnant woman wants to hear) he's nervous that if Gabe becomes too big I'll have trouble delivering. We've scheduled an appointment for next Thursday at which point we'll decide if another ultrasound needs to occur to determine Gabe's size. If this kids too big induction is an option. I'd really like to avoid induction but I'd like to avoid a c-section more...like I said, let's hope for a Wednesday baby.
(If you're not sure what all the pregnancy jargon meant I've attached a link to the post's title)
So are you shooting for the 15th so the cousins can share birth number dates! That would be cool and help me out a lot. I for some reason thought your due date was the 24th, b/c I thought that was dad's birthday?! Mom corrected me and let me know dad's b-day is the 27th...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEat Pineapple (some people say that works)
ReplyDeleteI say...Jump on a trampoline!!! Bounce him out!
Hope you are feeling good and MISS YOU!
DW
I think I sound like an illiterate fool every time I write you a note on here--my students must be rubbing off on me.
ReplyDeleteWhat I meant to say was I'm incredibly excited to meet lil Gabe! :)
I wish you well Katie!
ReplyDeleteI hope little Gabe comes soon! But I hope that you are feeling ok...let me know if I can do anything at all!
ReplyDelete