Sunday, January 25, 2009

Busy Weekend


I began this pregnancy with seventeen weeks of severe nausea, followed by an eighteen week ultra-sound revealing club feet. Andy and I assumed we could coast the rest of this ride until our baby boy decided to join us...WE WERE WRONG! After a week experiencing a tender abdomen and lower back pain it progressed into some spotting and small contractions Saturday evening. Andy and I made a call to his sister Kara and our doctor, both recommended we head to the hospital. After eighteen hours, three doctors, and multiple wonderful nurses and medical students it turns out my unknown bladder infection was moving it's way to my kidneys, which apparently irritated my uterus causing contractions, and back pain (I knew my back pain was worse than normal:). All in all, we caught it in time before the infection spread, and after 2 exams :( , I showed no signs of going into early/pre-term labor. Of course our little guy didn't seem to know there was anything going wrong, performing acrobatics the entire visit and showing impressive 10 day growth from 1 lbs. 12 oz. to 2 lbs. 5 oz. It's clear he's doing great!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Katie and Andy. Our Little Warrior is making himself known and reminding all of us that he's around. I know he is going to be a strong little fighter. . . . and lots of fun! Love, Julie/Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you both know that I have enjoyed your blog! It is so much fun to experience a first baby with someone else!=) I am continuing to pray for all 3 of you as the pregnancy progresses!
    Timaree Yost

    ReplyDelete