Yesterday Gabe's fever persisted. It was over 72 hours so I gave the doctor a call and took Gabe in for another look-see. The conversation went something like this:
Doctor looking into Gabe's throat.
DOCTOR: I'm not really seeing any improvement with the strep
ME: How's that possible he's been on an antibiotic for more than 24 hours?
DOCTOR: ---crickets---
Doctor looking in Gabe's ears.
ME: Oh, he's never had an ear infection, and hasn't mentioned his ears bothering him.
DOCTOR: Well, he's got a double ear infection.
ME: WHAT?! Are you serious?
DOCTOR: I have no reason to lie to you.
So, we're on antibiotic #2 (as we're dealing with antibiotic resistant strep), Gabe has his first ear infection (IN BOTH EARS), and he threw up for the second time in his life last night.Sheesh!
Honestly though, this all makes me soo thankful that I get to stay home with my baby; Thanks ANDY!
No comments:
Post a Comment