In spite of spending Easter on the road to Minneapolis, Gabe still managed to participate in TWO Easter Egg Hunts! After a neighborhood hunt was rained out Grandma and Grandpa Holz graciously hosted and supplied Gabe's first hunt.

Clearly it didn't take him long to get the hang of it. He wasn't necessarily efficient, and more or less did a zig-zag around the room, but in less than 5 minutes had collected 20+ eggs. The real fun was watching him discover that there were treats inside the eggs! Whoohooo, coins and jelly beans! Gabe ate his first jelly bean and invented a celebratory dance, it was pretty cute but sadly no video.
Next, Gabe and I hosted our play group hunt. Every one brought 20 eggs, which we attempted to 'hide' in our yard. It was a bit of a bottle neck scenario releasing kids from the basement door, but they were thrilled to get outside and search for their eggs.

We're excited for next year when we can celebrate Christ resurrection with family and friends, but this year we settled for a good report from doctors at Shriner's Hospital.
"Jesus answered them, 'Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up'". John 2:19
egg hunts are so much fun! I love watching them open the eggs to see if anything is inside!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I’ve awarded you The Versatile Blogger Award because I read your blog regularly. Hop over to my latest post to see what happens when you accept!