In the span of Gabe's 18 months we've lost one small plastic ball, ripped the pages of one book, and misplaced one pacifier. It's a pretty good record and due in part to my anal behavior which I've managed to train to Gabe in a very short time. Gabe and I like when everything has a home and everything is in it's home. He's quick to point out dirt, spots, and things he finds where he doesn't believe they belong. The verdict is still out on whether this is good or bad, it's worked in our favor so far, but already my 18 month old can be a rude guest.
Anyway, I was cooking in the kitchen the other day when I heard a 'snap' and 'uh oh' (Gabe's most often word used correctly). Knowing something bad had happened I snagged the camera, rounded the corner and found Gabe looking pretty guilty. Apparently in his brute force Gabe ripped the hoop off the backboard.
I watched as he attempted to re-attach it without success.
I watched as he attempted to re-attach it without success.
After giving up he walked around the room holding the hoop and babbling to it. I couldn't tell if it was an explanation of his justified aggressive behavior or an apology, but it was heartfelt none the less.
You have trained him well! He truly is a little man of routine. :)
ReplyDelete