Saturday, September 4, 2010

Feeling Outnumbered

Today has been much awaited. Andy has in fact been counting down to this day, probably since last year, but only out loud since last week.

Today is the first HUSKER FOOTBALL GAME of the season!

Though Andy has not confirmed this, I think I can safely assume that he has been praying for God to place a love of Husker football in Gabe's heart. Until last night, I hadn't thought much about the impact this answered prayer could have on my life.

Truth is, I've lived in Nebraska 28 years, five of which I was a UNL student during. However, I have yet to attend a NU football game (There is a rumor that I attended one with my Dad in my youth, but I have no memory of this). In college, I loved game day. Everyone left the sorority house and I had the place to myself! Glorious quiet.

But game day for Andy is totally different. It's red clothes, big TVs, lots of food, friends and...well...yelling. You can clearly see we have different game day histories.

So far we've married these two concepts by meeting somewhere in the middle, and that's worked out well, as we only have two voices determining our plans. But last night, things started leaning in Andy's favor. To kick off the season, Andy wanted to take Gabe to a Millard South vs. Millard West football game.

I wasn't there, 'cause like I said football just isn't my thing, but I've been told Gabe thought it was GREAT! He was thoroughly entertained from 6:30 - 9pm, and this kid is usually in bed by 7:30. He spent his time giggling, snuggling, switching laps from Grandma and Daddy, pointing at the sights and being a Rock Star.

Looks like this could be a recurring event, especially since my vote may now be a losing one every time it comes up against football.

Clearly enthralled

He wanted to stand and get a better view.

WOW!

1 comment:

  1. I was a witness to it all Friday night. He was clearly enthralled and loved every single minute. I swear in all my years of going to any kind of ball game, I have never seen a little person so interested and SIT so well at a ball game. Sorry Katie! I think you're going to be out numbered. You can just turn Gabe over to Andy on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons. You might still have your quiet time to read. I told Andy, Gabe may have earned himself a ticket to a NU football game with Grandpa sooner than we thought.

    ReplyDelete