As I understand it, Andy and Matt became friends over Lincoln Logs, or Pick-up-Sticks, or something along those lines. I envision they reached for the same toy, locked eyes and the rest was history. They've been fraternity brothers, Best Men, and best friends for as long as they can remember. Andy's memory of his childhood is very rosy, and Matt is always part of those memories. Around 7th grade, Nick was given special rights to join the duo and for the last 15 years these guys have been great friends. So, to say Andy was pumped about our trip is an understatement.
The reunion was all Andy had hoped for, and as an outsider of their relationship it was fun to be a part of it. An added bonus was watching these guys with their boys. Both Nick and Matt are proud daddies to two year old boys, Sam and Will. Nick also has sweetie Anna (9mo) and Matt and Stacy are expecting a girl in September. I feel no pressure to keep up, don't worry.

Andy(Gabe), Matt(Will), Nick(Sam)
Exploring the lake front.

Trekking to our firework view point.
I love all the pictures. It looks good to see those three buddies and their boys together again. The trip looks like so much fun. For the record, Matt and Andy met over unifix cubes in kindergarten. I have some at home, if Gabe wants to play with them. . . maybe sometime when Will is in town visiting. Julie
ReplyDelete