For a Birthday/Mother's Day present Andy sent me (sans Gabe) to Lincoln last weekend. While I rested up at the 'Roosmann Spa', Andy was busy at work around the house. He recruited several friends and babysitters to ensure that I came home to completed home projects and a well cared for little man.
The weekend was my first away from Gabe, and maybe my 4th away from Andy since being married...it was a treat! I read, napped, read, ate Amigo's, read, showered, read, and did whatever I wanted without having to consider diapers, snacks, naps, dinner, cleaning, etc. etc. etc. Ahhhhhhhhhh, it was very rejuvenating.
Note all the teeth!
Sadly, when I came home, my son had morphed into a 15 year old (I exaggerate, but still). I walked into the kitchen and sitting in Gabe's highchair was what looked like a much bigger and more mature Gabe. Clearly, having spent every day, almost every hour of the day with Gabe, I have lost perspective. Gabe is close to 13 months, but in my head I still see his little gummy face without teeth, neck control, or the ability to say 'da da, da da da da' with excitement when I walk into a room ( I realize 'da da' is most commonly associated with fathers, but it's Gabe's universal phrase for expressing joy).
As a result, I've been a bit off my schedule this week. Every time I sit down to complete one of my normal household tasks I hear a giggle or see Gabe's little body speeding on all fours down the hall. How could I possibly work on a blog post, sweep the floor, wipe off the counters, or do laundry when my little man is growing faster than my eyes and mind can process. So, he's napping, and though I could watch him do that as well, I thought I say 'hi' to those of you who check on my family...and thank you for doing so.
No comments:
Post a Comment