Saturday, November 14, 2009

Developments

Recently Gabe has developed two new behaviors, that while typical and sometimes sad, are none-the-less a bit comical.

1: Gabe is developing object permanence (a skill in which he comprehends that when I leave the room I do still exist, he seems to think that mommy no longer exist if he can't see me; how sad). Though some don't believe in this skill, it's hard to explain the behavior otherwise. His meltdown provides big tears and makes showering or walking into another room a bit tricky.


2: Gabe is beginning to engage in very blatant temper tantrums. They usually occur when I put his diaper on (he LOVES to be naked) or when I take the remote away. As you can see during this video, I have removed the remote from his possession which results in his unpleasant reaction. When I attempt to distract him with another toy, it doesn't do much good.


Regardless of his recent behavior, he's still so darn great!

4 comments:

  1. He is so darn cute, tantrums and all. I guess we just know he's normal.
    We think he's GREAT! Grandma and Grandpa Holz

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's bad that I'm laughing...right? Kids are so funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prepare yourself! These are long lasting behaviors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. His temper tantrums are still kinda cute...they won't be forever. I miss him! We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete