Friday, October 23, 2009

The Results Are In

Today we ventured to the doctor's office for Gabe's 6 month checkup. It was sad (and a bit unnerving) to see many kids waiting for appointments with protective masks on. I refused to take Gabe out of his car seat until we were in the examination room. Though I was nervous I had to hide a smile when I overheard another mom tell her kids "don't touch anything, no books, no magazines, no chair arms...keep your hands in your lap!". Several sweet kiddos walked out of their appointment holding bowls to throw up in :( . Thankfully our appointment was standard. Gabe always does great but 3 shots was more than he is used to, and he displayed some tears. This was the first appointment since getting his casts that made me want to cry. He shaped up as soon as they let me pick him up, and soon enough he was back to smiles. Once we got home he wanted to lay down and forget about the entire thing. The details:

Height: 26.5" - 53%
Weight: 16 lbs. 10 oz - 33%

I had guessed around 18 lbs. but it seems like now that he's out of the womb he insists on staying small. Dr. Gary said twice "he's thin for his height".

2 comments:

  1. Just what Grandma and Grandpa Roosmann thought:

    Results from Gabe Holz's 6 months checkup...

    Perfect In Every Way!

    ReplyDelete